Saturday, May 25, 2013
From the Principal
Thank you for your generosity during this staff appreciation week! We have been amazed with all of the gifts, food and kind words from the children throughout this week. You have made us feel special throughout the week, and we thank you!
Thank you to our PTA for sponsoring Romona's first Family Fun Run. This is a great new event for our Romona community. I hope everyone had a great time.
Our first graders participated in a traditional Mexican market in celebration of Cinco de Mayo yesterday. The crafts they created to "sell" were great. The children were forgiving of my very poor Spanish skills!
Our EC, first, third and fourth graders all attended field trips this week. Again, thank you to our PTA for these enrichment opportunities to our curriculum.
Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have touched the lives of our children! Have a great weekend with your family.
ANNUAL "RE-REGISTRATION" OF STUDENTS
- Please be sure to complete the online registration for your child.
- This is a yearly requirement by the district that strongly impacts the number of classroom sections at each grade level. The district estimates class sections conservatively, so the best thing you can do is register early to help ensure that we've planned appropriately. (It is equally important for you to let us know if your child will not be returning to the district). Please don't delay with this important requirement.
- Please note that parents can register their children without paying the fees at the time of registration. Parents register their children through the district web site, and fees are paid through RevTrak with a credit card, or by mailing in a check.
- If you have questions, please contact our school office. Please be sure to register EACH child that will be attending Romona next year. We need to know our numbers! Thanks so much!
Shoe Recycling Drive
A reminder, our recycled shoe drive is next week. Here is a link to information regarding acceptable shoes for recycling: www.swancc.org/education/athleticshoerecycling.html
From the PTA
Be Informed & Stay Connected: romonapta.org
Our last evening Mustang Mingler is set for Thursday, May 12, 7:00 p.m. - 10 p.m. at Hackney's on Lake. Catch up for casual conversation and cocktails with Romona parents.
The Annual Spring Daughter Dance is scheduled for Saturday, May 14, 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Romona Bistro (cafeteria) and Ballroom (gym). RSVP by May 9. To download an RSVP or to learn more, visit: romonapta.org/springdaughterdance.html
Join Us - PTA End of the Year Lunch & Meeting, Wednesday, May 18 in the Gym. Meeting at 11:15 am. Lunch at 11:45 am. We will honor outgoing 4th grade parents, thank the current PTA and pass the gavel to the new board.
Thank you for all for contributions towards Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week! Widespread participation included awesome teacher/staff letters, wonderful food, money and gift cards.
Thanks to the committee and all who participated in last week's Family Fun Run. What a fun event!
Mustang Activity Day is fast approaching. Many volunteers are still needed. Email email@example.com
Incoming Kindergarten Parents: A summer drop-in play group is being formed. If you, or someone you know will have a Kindergartner next year, beginning June 16, meet at the EC playground every Thursday 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm and every Saturday 9:30 am - 11:30 am. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
That's all folks! All School Supplies Orders have been placed for both K-4 and Highcrest. Supplies will be at school on Meet & Greet day next Fall.
The Week Ahead
Thursday, May 12
12:10 p.m.- June birthday lunches in the art room with Ms. Glowacki
7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Mustang Mingler, Hackney's on Lake
Friday, May 13
Saturday, May 14
6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Spring Daughter Dance, Romona Bistro & Ballroom (at school)
- 39 exPRESS
- Community Events
- Lawsuit Information
- News Archive
- Press Releases
- Superintendent Scoop
- Modify Mailing List Subscriptions